X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X

Federation X (TWG) Forum.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Other Wrestling Game
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:54 am by Infamous

» Federation RP Format (MUST READ) - FINALIZED! 14/11/2011
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:54 am by Guest

» Dudes for stable
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:30 pm by Ash Ketchum

» Just a little apology.
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:47 pm by Lu Bu

» Format in making an RP ----> Infamous guide
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:05 pm by Lu Bu

» Feud/rp partner
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:48 pm by Guest

» WoW Wrestlers Cards
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:37 am by Guest

» Make sentence from 5 letters
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:23 pm by Lu Bu

» helnik17 bio
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:39 am by Guest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Similar topics
Top posters
Lu Bu
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_vote_lcapRoleplay Guide (repost)  I_voting_barRoleplay Guide (repost)  I_vote_rcap 
Infamous
Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_vote_lcapRoleplay Guide (repost)  I_voting_barRoleplay Guide (repost)  I_vote_rcap 
James Young
Rapper Cobalt
Ash Ketchum
[MoS]7
Slip
Johnny Quid
The Lonely Assassain
The Avenger

Roleplay Guide (repost)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lu Bu
Admin
Lu Bu

Roleplay Guide (repost)  Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Guide (repost)    Roleplay Guide (repost)  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 1:21 am

This is a guide I found in the forum that I hope could help everyone in need.
I edited a bit so it will be concise.

Role-playing Basics

Role-playing means to develop a character and then to write texts and stories regarding that very character. It means to read what other people wrote about their characters and then react to it in written form. The first and maybe the primary step to do this is the creation of your own character.

Character Creation

The first thing to decide is whether your character is a good guy or a bad guy or something in between. Deciding this is very important for your character’s role, so give it some thought. Of course your character’s behavior can change over time, but not from good to bad and back to good in the time of three shows.

Next you should put some thought into your character’s looks, for example hair color, hair style, how tall is he (or she), is he rather fat or skinny, does he have any tattoos, does he wear short or long trousers etc. The more detailed information you give, the better everyone reading your texts can imagine the scene, and of course it makes your character unique. Another thing to consider is his personality: Is he the serious type of guy or rather playful, is he calm, discreet or does he get angry very easily?

Something very important (mostly for you) is his biography. Think about what your character experienced in his life, and why he got into wrestling, and even more important: Act like that in your role-plays! For example a kind-hearted character can suddenly loose it when something triggered a memory to one of his traumas. And a character that grew up in one of the worst surroundings on earth will never turn his back to someone he doesn’t know or trust.

Try to make your character unique and interesting. And don’t copy any real wrestler, because nothing is more boring than a roster full of guys who want to be Jeff Hardy (or any other superstar). And believe me, it’s much more fun playing a self-made character than something that isn’t you. Remember, there is no “wrong” or “right” in creating a character, only “interesting” and “I-already-saw-that-a-hundred-times”.

Writing a role-play

After giving life to your character, it’s time to make him live it. There are a lot of possibilities in a role-play and I can’t talk about all of them, but there are some things one should always consider while writing. A role-play always means that your character wants to give someone a message. That message can be to anyone else in the federation: another wrestler, the GM, the audience, the staff, a group of wrestlers, some journalist or all of them. The most important thing is what your wrestler has to say. A simple role-play shows your character in front of the camera, saying what he has to say, and basically this is the core of every role-play.

This is the core of the role-play, and everything that follows after this step can be changed to your liking. To make a role-play more interesting, describing the surroundings always is a good idea. Often used surroundings are the ring in the arena, the backstage area, some locker room or the GM’s office. Of course that also depends on who your wrestler is talking to. For example, talking to a journalist on some submarine hundreds of miles away from the next coast would be a bit weird ( but not impossible if you can give a proper reason why the wrestler AND the journalist are on a submarine hundreds of miles away from the next coast).

A dialogue is often the easiest way for a role-play, because it’s very easy to let the participants react to whatever is said. A monologue is much more difficult to write in an interesting way. But always remember: Only write what people can see in the ring or through the camera. That means you can describe the looks on the faces, but you can’t write the thoughts of the characters.

And that’s it, you now know how to create an interesting character and how to give him life. The only limits left are the ones of your imagination. Nevertheless, here’s some more advice what to look out for:

1. Check you grammar and spelling. I know that there are a lot of great roleplayers who have trouble with the English language, but look at this post and remember I’m German (The guy who posted this). If you can’t write proper English, don’t worry, there are enough people around to help you. But give it your best, it makes reading your story much easier (and it’s less work for the guys who edit the shows).

2. Don’t start writing without a plan. You don’t have to draw yourself a map, but it helps if you know before starting WHAT you want to say and TO WHOM you want to say it. I speak from my own experience when I say that writing without a plan almost always ends in chaos.

Some advice for different characters:

Face (crowd pleaser):
Being a face doesn’t mean you have to be good. Being a face only means you do what the crowd wants to see. As an example: The Rock was never a “good” person, but he was a face. He was loved by the crowd, despite being a complete asshole. As a face you can do anything, as long as the fans agree with it. This means you have to relate to the crowd, please them, and if some bad guy tries to bully them or another face, stop him. On the other hand, being a face doesn’t mean you’re invincible. Faces do loose matches, they do get beat up from time to time. So let him loose in some role-plays, but in a way the crowd doesn’t agree with it. A character which can do anything and nevertheless takes win after win is fun for the first three shows, but gets boring very soon.

Heels (bad guys):
Heels are pretty much the opposite of a face. They beat people up for no reason, they hate the crowd, etc. For a heel, there are only two rules: 1. Nobody likes heels, and 2. Heels do stuff no-one can approve of. This means you are allowed to do everything, you lie, break the laws, create chaos. But always remember, one day you will have to fall because people love to see the good guys win. But when that day has come, make sure you lose in the most spectacular way you can imagine, because this means an even more spectacular win for the face beating you.

Tweener (Bad guys that are cheered by audience)

That's all, farewell.
Back to top Go down

Roleplay Guide (repost)
Page 1 of 1